Note that times and activities are subject to change.
Help support Harbor Fest by donating to the Belfast Rotary Club
Friday, August 14, 2020
- 5:30 pm Gates open. Food and Beverages available. Music by TBD
- 5:30-8:00 pm Evening by the Bay under the big tent. Auction benefitting TBD
Saturday, August 15, 2020
Vendors located throughout the park. Kids activities next to the Boat House and in Heritage Park. [All Day]
The Belfast Boat Mafia will be providing harbor tours and round trips to Young’s Lobster Pound from City Landing and Paul Naron’s dock all day. Cost is $10. BACK AND FORTH and THE SUMMER WIND will provide 30 minute harbor tours from Paul Naron’s Dock. The Sailboat ACTRESS has 3 two hour harbor tours at scheduled times (see below) from City Landing Dock. The ACTRESS will be at the dock between tours, come and take a look! In addition, There is also a scheduled tour at the dock.
After the races, Come Boating! will be offering free Harbor Rows to any member of the public. Harbor Rows will also be available on Sunday from 10 to 4. Anyone interested should come to the ComeBoating! tent near the Boat House to sign up. Minors must have a written waiver signed by a parent or guardian.
- 7:30 – 10:30 am Pancake Breakfast at the Boat House Sponsored by Downeast Credit Union
- 8:30 am 5K Bug Run/Walk. Sponsored by Waldo County General Hospital and PenBay Medical Center.
- 9:00 am Sailboat ACTRESS harbor tour from City Landing Dock 6 passengers max. ($35 per passenger)
- 10:00 am Classic Boat Show at Heritage Park. Sponsored by Darmariscotta Bank & Trust
- 10:00 am Belfast Bay Fiddlers at the Gazebo
- 11:00 am National Boat Building Challenge under the big tent
- 11:00 am Front Street Shipyard Tour 101 Front Street
- 11:00 am Boat Gear Swap at the Boat House
- 12:00 pm Front Street Shipyard Tour 101 Front Street
- 12:00 pm Come Boating! Regatta 4 mile race in Belfast Bay
- 12:00 pm Sailboat ACTRESS harbor tour from City Landing Dock 6 passengers max. ($35 per passenger)
- 1:00 pm Jonesville at the Gazebo
- 2:30 pm Meghan Clark at the Gazebo
- 3:00 pm Beer Garden under the Big Tent. Sponsored by Rollie’s.
- 3:00 pm National Boat Building Challenge Judging
- 3:00 pm Sailboat ACTRESS harbor tour from City Landing Dock 6 passengers max. ($35 per passenger)
- 3:00pm Morrice Dancers outside the Boat House.
- 4:00 pm Puppet Show “Everbody Loves Pirates” in the Boat House (sponsored by Belfast Parks and Recreation Department)
- 4:00 pm National Boat Building Challenge Relay Race at Steamboat Landing Beach (off of Boat House parking lot)
- 5:00 pm Refreshments under the big tent
- 5:30 pm Barbecue Dinner under the big tent followed by the Awards Ceremony. Sponsored by Nordic Aquafarms.
Sunday, August 16, 2020
- 10:00 am to 4:00 pm Come Boating! offers free Harbor Rows. Sign up at the Boat House.
- The Belfast Boat Mafia will be providing harbor tours and round trips to Young’s Lobster Pound from Paul Naron’s dock all day. Cost is $10. BACK AND FORTH and THE SUMMER WIND will provide 30 minute harbor tours. The Sailboat ACTRESS has 3 two hour harbor tours from City Landing Dock at scheduled times (see below).
- 9:00 am, 12:00 pm, and 3:00 pm
Cardboard Boat Challenge (at the Boat House). Sponsored by the Belfast Parks and Recreation Department and Front Street Shipyard.
- 10:00 am Boats arrive, register and sign a liability waiver
- 10:30 am Public display and voting for People’s Choice Award. Boat Judging.
- 10:45 am Boaters and crew meet with officials to go over the rules followed by a parade.
- 11:00 am Races begin by category. Awards Ceremony follows the final heat of the races.
Habitat for Humanity Lobster Gala
- 12:00 pm Habitat for Humanity Lobster Gala under the big tent
- 1:00 pm Music by Memphis Lightning.
- 3:00 pm Festival ends